Coaches shall remain unconditionally supportive of the organization’s commitment to the ideals of good sportsmanship, team play, honesty, loyalty, courage and respect for authority. Coaches shall remain sensitive to the physical and emotional well being of the players and his/her team. In order to adhere to these doctrines the coaches agree as follows:
Coaches will be positive role models.
- Coaches will display and instill in their players the principals of good sportsmanship and team play, coaches will conduct themselves in a manner that best serves the interest of the players and coaches will do their best to provide the players a positive experience.
- Coaches will ensure that winning and/or losing teams do so in a manner which exhibits respect and good sportsmanship
- Coaches will treat all players, parents and spectators and league officials with respect
- Coaches will provide instruction in a manner that is constructive and supportive
- Coaches will not tolerate behavior that endangers the health or well-being of a child
- Coaches will comply with the decisions of league officials and observe all rules, policy and procedures as established or endorsed by the Perry Junior League
- Coaches will teach the game of baseball/softball to the best of their ability
- Coaches will be drug and alcohol free while at Perry Junior League or any athletic event
- Coaches will not use tobacco products in the dugout or on the playing field.
- Coaches acknowledge the need to demonstrate fundamental proficiencies with respect to the game of baseball/softball. Consequently, all coaches agree to attend any skill sessions that may be required by the Board of Directors and/or any first aid courses that may be mandated by the Board
All members of the organization are subject to consequences which may lead to discipline or possible termination of membership as determined necessary by the Perry Junior League Board of Directors due to failure to comply with the code of conduct. All members agree to abide by these rules as part of their registration in the program. It is the responsibility of all members to be familiar with the guidelines set forth in the Code of Conduct.